HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
This document sets out how Stockwell Safety will manage its Health & Safety responsibilities as required by the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974. Copies will be made available to all employees/associates/students as appropriate.
Stockwell Safety will manage Health & Safety by:
- Identifying and assessing risks to which people, including students, will be exposed, and arranging and introducing specific measures to reduce these risks.
- Building, adopting and reviewing a body of safe working practices, safety precautions and accident prevention procedures.
- Providing sufficient skilled supervision, relevant instructions and appropriate training to all levels, in both health and safety and job specific skills.
- Providing a safe, healthy working environment, and learning environment, with suitable welfare and first aid arrangements.
- Encouraging staff/associates to contribute their own ideas for new and improved safety procedures.
We require organisations working for, or with us, to have in place and to implement suitable and sufficient health and safety procedures in accordance with the appropriate statutory provisions.
We will collect and analyse information on accidents; dangerous incidents and ill health. Any such incident will be investigated and the outcomes shared, and used to prevent recurrence and improve practice.
This Health and Safety at Work Policy will be regularly monitored and updated to take account of legislative and/or organisational changes and Stockwell Safety will ensure the annual review of this policy contains proposals for the improved management of safety.
This statement should be read by, and/or made available to – in whatever manner is most appropriate – all persons, students, organisations who are affected by Stockwell Safety’s undertaking.